Thank you for booking onto one of our camps/clubs. I am sure you will be following the news about the Coronavirus in the UK and we wanted to assure you that we are taking every precaution to ensure our clubs and camps can go ahead without any cause for concern.
Our priority is the welfare of our children and staff. We have therefore put strict health & safety policies in place to minimise risks related to COVID-19. These are in compliance with guidelines published by Public Health England and include:
- Any student or permanent staff member joining the course must already have been in the UK for at least 14 days before the course and must be completely symptom free.
- Family members or carers visiting our camps/clubs to pick up or drop off children must comply with latest regulations stated by the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England at the point of their visit, otherwise they cannot be permitted on site.
- Additional personal hygiene practices will be put into place during our clubs/camps. These include the thorough washing of hands on arrival to the course and many more please read below
Changes to Sports Stars UK Summer Camps 2020
Please note due to the changed nature in which we must operate during COVID-19, we are having to operate in a different way to ensure we keep our staff and all children as safe as we can
We have opened our bookings already over the last few weeks for Key Worker children and now can open for others.
Please read through the following before making a booking
- The summer holiday clubs will run in a quite different way to normal
- Our camps will operate in a ‘Covid Secure’ way with greatly enhanced hygiene and cleaning routines
- We have been and will continue to work side by side with the schools we have been working in this whole time so when the camps start we have shared procedures already in place: risk assessments/health and safety measures etc
- Children will be grouped into ‘weekly bubbles’ of a maximum of 15 children and bubbles will not mix throughout that week
- Bookings are restricted to weekly blocks, rather than daily
- Capacities are reduced from previous camp levels
- Priority for places have been given to Key Worker and Vulnerable children, also pupils at WSG will get priority booking for the week 29th June to 5th July for the camp at their school,
- We may keep the weekly bubbles at the WSG camp to pupils from WSG in one and then the other bubble from children from other schools, but this will be under review in the following weeks and agreed with the school
- Diligent application of hygiene routines always
- Every coach carries their own hand sanitizer and schools have had many more hand sanitizer stations installed throughout
- Every child has temperature taken and recorded on arrival
- Coach takes temperature on arriving school
- Through washing of hands before and after different daily camp sessions for children and coaches
- Maintain distancing where possible
- Run all sessions outdoors unless weather is preventing this
- If session must be run in school hall open all doors and windows to maximise air flow and distancing maintained
- Sterilise equipment before and after sessions
- Limited sharing of equipment during sessions
- Sessions designed to limit any contact and focus on individual skills
- Coaches are assigned to set weekly bubbles
I know that so many of you are desperate for your children to get out and see their friends and play sport again and we appreciate all the calls and messages we have received over the last few challenging months and also your patience in this testing time.
Please note that circumstances can change quickly in this unprecedented time and we cannot guarantee that these camps will run if things do change, if this the case you will receive a full refund. Our main priority as ever is the safety and welfare of the amazing children who attend and with everything that we do this will be our focus.